Troop 245 General Information
- The troop meets every Monday evening from 7:00-8:30
p.m. at Bethany Presbyterian Church, on the NW corner of Bethany Blvd. and
Springville Road. The only Monday we donít meet is the Monday immediately
following a campout, or on a federal holiday. (The troop does meet
on school in-service days and conference days).
- The troop normally has an overnight (1-2
night) campout every month.
- The annual summer camp is always the last week of July. We currently have a multi-year rotation, so a
scout will normally only attend only his very first summer camp twice in his
- The troopís annual family campout takes place over
memorial day weekend each May. We strongly
encourage the whole family to come and join in the fun and get a sense of
the scouting experience. (Parents need to be responsible for watching their
- Each scout is expected to
wear his uniform to every troop meeting. This means:
Pants with belt loops (not necessarily uniform pants)
- Neckerchief & slide
We normally do not bring uniforms to campouts, unless there are activities
with other troops such as Camporee or summer
- The troop holds a Court of Honor four times a year.
This is the ceremony where advancements are recognized. Scouts need to
wear the full dress uniform for this occasion (uniform shirt, pants, belt,
neckerchief, and slide)
- Parents of new scouts need to have a conference with
the scoutmaster for an introduction to how the troop operates. This usually
occurs during a troop meeting soon after the boy starts attending troop
meetings Ė typically right after crossover.